Microsoft has a couple new ads available online that is offering jobs in very specific categories at Rare. The descriptions of said jobs this time are very revealing and give an excellent indication of what Rare is developing now. This is the first ad and this WAS the second ad, which has since been filled at the time of this writing. Here’s a bullet point list of the key things brought up in the two ads:
- Rare is continuing to develop for Kinect and are pushing the boundaries of the Kinect hardware.
- Is “following on from the success of ‘Kinect Sports’ and its recent sequel ‘Kinect Sports: Season Two’”.
- Will be using Cloud Services on both their current and future products.
- Cloud services are to support gameplay, data sharing, and title instrumentation.
- Rare is also developing a ‘jaw-dropping, never-been-done-before Rare project’.
- For one of their project, Rare is working on extremely early, prototype hardware.
- A project will include touch, motion or voice assisted games.
That’s the most important things derived from the job advertisements. So Rare is definitely developing another Kinect related project, and it sounds like it could be Kinect Sports 3. Cloud services is certainly going to be a huge focus from here on out, which is something that Microsoft just started earlier this year with the Xbox 360. So you can ensure that the next Xbox will be fully embracing it. The listing also confirms that Rare is deep into development on a Durango (Xbox 720) title and it’s something the company has never done before. Perhaps the rumored Chief Samurai? And lastly, their developing another project using extremely early, prototype hardware? Sounds like it could be the rumored LiveWall accessory to me, which will allegedly launch in 2014.
So what do you all think? Are you excited? I surely am and cannot wait for the official announcements of these projects. We’ll mostly see at least one of them come E3 2013. We’ll have more information when it becomes available.