Here’s an updated fact sheet for Rare’s upcoming Kinect Sports Rivals. Visit Rare’s official website for additional information…
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Developer: Rare Ltd.
Format: Blu-ray for the Xbox One video game and entertainment system; Xbox Live-enabled digital download
ESRB rating: E-10
Availability: Spring 2014
Kinect Sports Rivals is the next generation of the best-selling Kinect franchise, Kinect Sports, that brings your favorite sports back in re-imagined ways, and delivers new sports and events made possible only with Xbox One’s revolutionary technology. Kinect Sports Rivals puts you in the game like never before, tracks your movements and expressions with incredible accuracy, and offers never-ending competition with your friends and rivals.
The all-new Kinect instantly scans and creates a stylized digital version of you, your Champion, then drops your virtual athlete seamlessly into the ever-evolving world of Kinect Sports Rivals.
Compete in a world full of competitors on one of three global teams, each with its own philosophy and playing style. As you enter into competitions with teams from around the world, Xbox One’s always ready technology creates an always-evolving experience that responds to how you, the champion of the game, play.
Developer Rare has a long history creating games for new platforms and is known to push the limits with new platform technology to deliver showcase gaming experiences. It has been successful with sensor-driven sports games in the past, including the multimillion selling Kinect Sports franchise, the No. 1 best-selling Kinect games.
Get ready to compete
• Get in the game. Kinect Sports Rivals puts you in the game like never before by scanning you and stylizing an on-screen “super” version of you — a Champion you — that looks like you, learns to act like you, and competes like you against your friends, even when you’re not around, using Xbox One Living Games technology.
• All new tech. The all-new Kinect sensor for Xbox One offers three times more fidelity and 10 times more power than its predecessor. The new Kinect fidelity and precise tracking of not only limbs, but fingers and hands, creates the most nuanced and responsive gameplay ever. You can play a variety of ways including full body, partial body and seated experiences. With Kinect Sports Rivals, skill is important, precision is rewarded and small movements make big impacts.
• A never-ending richer story. Your champion is challenged in a world full of competitors on one of three global teams, each with its own philosophy and playing style. Making the most of Xbox One’s always ready technology, Kinect Sports Rivals is an always-evolving experience that responds to how you, the champion of the game, play. No two players will ever have the same game experience with Kinect Sports Rivals, and the story and competition never has to end.
• A whole new rivalry. Kinect Sports Rivals’s next generation social matchmaking pits you against other Champions within your social sphere and/or skill level. Kinect Sports Rivals’s sophisticated matchmaking prompts you to compete with Champions of matched or slightly higher skill level to ensure you continue to advance in the game. With Xbox One Living Games technology, the game learns how you and your friends compete, creating an ever-evolving network of rivals in the cloud so there is always someone “real” to compete with, not an artificial AI character. Now you never have to wait for someone else to get online. This is truly YOU versus the world.
• New sports and experiences. Kinect Sports Rivals brings your favorite sports back in re-imagined ways, and delivers new sports, made possible only with the all-new re-engineered Kinect for Xbox One. Sports include soccer, climbing, wake racing, target shooting, tennis and bowling.
• Earn fame and glory. Multiple sports, events and online tournaments means there is always a new competition to enter. Every victory you have adds to your skill and fame level. Progressively master sporting events by levelling up, gaining fame and unlocking rewards.